In January 2018 we commissioned Pye Tait to undertake research to gauge stakeholder perceptions of Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) and measure any change in attitudes since the previous stakeholder surveys in 2014 and 2016.
The specific objectives of the research were to:
- understand how our organisation is perceived by our corporate stakeholder community
- gauge any shift in perceptions or attitudes since 2014
- measure our success in engaging with our stakeholders over the past four years
- measure our success in delivering against our Corporate Communications and Engagement Strategy
- understand how stakeholders perceive our role in a new funding landscape under UK Research and Innovation (UKRI).
The results show that the vast majority of stakeholders know a great deal or a fair amount about BBSRC and that this has increased since 2014. Our stakeholders generally feel that BBSRC provides a strong voice for bioscience and see the launch of UKRI as a positive opportunity for our organisation.
We will draw on the results of this stakeholder research to inform a refresh of our Communications and Engagement Strategy, as we continue to develop our portfolio of communications and engagement activity to understand and respond to stakeholders’ needs.
Last updated: 31 March 2022