Implementation Programme Board
The senior decision making body is the Implementation Programme Board. This board is responsible for defining the scope and requirements of the UK Research and Innovation Implementation Programme. It steers, approves and monitors the progress we are making to set up UK Research and Innovation and, importantly, the risk register. The Board ensures the Implementation Programme is delivering against its business plan, including costs and delivery of anticipated benefits. It has a crucial role in ensuring that the Programme has appropriate resources, that stakeholders are engaged and supportive and people considerations are fully accounted for in decision making.
The Implementation Programme Board is chaired by the Senior Responsible Officer (SRO) for the Programme.
The Board reports directly to the Minister for Universities and Science on the plans for, and progress towards, establishing UK Research and Innovation.
The Implementation Programme Board has delegated key decisions about the detailed organisational design for the strategic centre, Research England and corporate services of UK Research and Innovation to the Design and Delivery Sub-board.
- Acting chair: Sir Mark Walport - Chief Executive Designate, UK Research and Innovation
- Chair: Gareth Davies - Director General, Business & Science Group, Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Deputy Chair: Sharon Ellis - Director, International Science & Innovation, BEIS
- Madeleine Atkins - Chief Executive, Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE)
- Jo Brigham - Executive Director, UK SBS
- Ian Coates - Government Internal Audit Agency
- Jenny Dibden - Director, Science, Research and Innovation, BEIS
- Anne Dixon - Programme Director, UK Research and Innovation
- Rebecca Endean - Director of Strategy, UK Research and Innovation
- Ruth Hannant - Director, Higher Education, Department for Education (DfE)
- Patrick Kilgariff - Legal B, BEIS
- Ruth McKernan - Chief Executive, Innovate UK
- Philip Nelson - Chair, Research Councils UK and Chief Executive, Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
- Polly Payne - Director, Higher Education, DfE
- Angie Ridgwell - Director General, Finance and Corporate Services, BEIS
- Rob Shaw - Deputy Director, B&S Finance, BEIS
- David Sweeney - Director, Research, Education and Knowledge Exchange, HEFCE and Executive Chair Designate, Research England
- Vacancy - Chair, Audit and Assurance Committee, UK Research and Innovation