Research Councils Libraries & Information Consortium (RESCOLINC)
The Research Council Libraries & Information Consortium (RESCOLINC) is the focal point of the Library & Information Services of the UK Research Councils. Its aim is to obtain optimum information service supply benefits in support of researchers across the entire Research Council sector.
- To provide the Research Councils with efficient and cost effective library information services for the benefit of scientific research
- To provide a forum for libraries to communicate and collaborate with each other for the purpose of sharing resources and exchanging information
- To provide a mechanism for libraries to effectively collaborate both internally and externally to the Research Councils
- To enable libraries to enter into joint negotiations with publishers either directly or via the Joint Information Systems Committee (JISC) or other appropriate organisations
- To hold formal meetings (twice a year) to discuss common issues and formulate actions to address matters arising
- To maintain communications via the lis-rescolinc email discussion group or a similar mechanism
- To provide a representative forum for librarians as a quorum or by other voting methods, to make joint decisions
Further information is available via the contacts area.