UK Research and Innovation Board
promoting the importance of UK science and innovation and supporting the senior leadership team.
Members of the Board are appointed by the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy, typically serving for between three and five years in the first instance, with the possibility of an extension to their term. The Board is made up of the UK Research and Innovation Chair, Chief Executive, Chief Finance Officer and 9-12 independent members. The Board is responsible to the Secretary of State for achieving the UKRI strategic objectives and vision.
Minutes from the UKRI Board can be found below:
- July 29 2019 Meeting Minutes (PDF, 60KB)
- July 2 2019 Meeting Minutes (PDF, 78KB)
- May 2019 Meeting Minutes (PDF, 81KB)
- March 2019 Meeting Minutes (PDF, 81KB)
- February 2019 Meeting Minutes (PDF, 79KB)
- January 2019 Meeting Minutes (PDF, 438KB)
- November 2018 Meeting Minutes (PDF, 237KB)
- October 2018 Meeting Minutes (PDF, 283KB)
- September 2018 Meeting Minutes (PDF, 313KB)
- July 2018 Meeting Minutes (PDF, 338KB)
- May 2018 Meeting Minutes (PDF, 324KB)
The following non-executive committees report directly to the Board:
The Audit, Risk, Assurance and Performance Committee is responsible for supporting the Board and Accounting Officer by reviewing our overall operational performance, the comprehensiveness and reliability of assurances on governance, risk management, the control environment and the integrity of financial statements. The Committee provides oversight and independent challenge regarding the implementation of policies and processes, including the scheme of delegation, as well as in relation to operational performance.
The Nominations and Remuneration Committee determines the composition and effectiveness of the Councils (the committees comprising the Executive Chair and ordinary Council members of the constituent Councils).
Conflicts of Interest
- View our documents on Conflicts of Interest