Senior leadership team
An initial leadership team has been appointed to provide the leadership and focus to ensure the effective set-up of UK Research and Innovation as an organisation.
- Chief Executive – Sir Mark Walport
- Chief Finance Officer – Ian Kenyon
- Director of Strategy – Rebecca Endean
- Programme Director – Anne Dixon
UK Research and Innovation brings together the seven UK research councils, Innovate UK and a new organisation, Research England. Each organisation will have an Executive Chair.
- Executive Chair, Arts and Humanities Research Council – Professor Andrew Thompson
- Executive Chair, Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council - Professor Melanie Welham
- Executive Chair, Economic and Social Research Council – Professor Jennifer Rubin
- Executive Chair, Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council – Professor Philip Nelson (until September 2018) / Professor Lynn Gladden (from October 2018)
- Executive Chair, Innovate UK - Dr Ian Campbell
- Executive Chair, Medical Research Council – Professor Fiona Watt
- Executive Chair, Natural Environment Research Council – Professor Duncan Wingham
- Executive Chair, Research England – David Sweeney
- Executive Chair, Science and Technology Facilities Council – Professor Mark Thomson