The purpose of the Physical Sciences and Engineering Advisory Panels is to provide a link between Science Board and the community, and represent the needs of the community to the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC). There are two advisory panels in the facilities area, the other being the Life Sciences and Soft Materials Advisory Panel.
The remit of the panel is to:
- maintain an overview of activities within their research area as relevant to STFC, in particular, but not exclusively, relating to facility provision, both UK and international
- consult and interact with the community to ensure its views are canvassed and there is an appropriate and effective route for communication with STFC on strategic programmatic issues
- provide advice to Science Board on specific questions as requested
- liaise with other advisory panels when appropriate.
The remit of the panel includes technology development, theory, high performance computing and data curation issues within its area.
- Dr Kate Lancaster (Chair), University of York
- Dr Gavin Mountjoy (Deputy Chair), University of Kent
- Professor Mark Brouard, University of Oxford
- Dr Silvia Capelli, STFC ISIS
- Dr Lucy Clark, University of Birmingham
- Professor Brendan Dromey, Queen’s University Belfast
- Professor Gianluca Gregori, University of Oxford
- Dr Yvonne Grunder, University of Liverpool
- Professor Peter Hatton, Durham University
- Dr Rhodri Jervis, University College London
- Dr Anthony Phillips, Queen Mary University of London
- Dr Anna Regoutz, University College London
- Dr Manfred Schuster, Johnson Matthey PLC
- Dr Sam Stranks, University of Cambridge
- Dr Sihai Yang, University of Manchester
Terms of reference
STFC-UKRI strategies and reviews
- UK Research and Innovation Infrastructure Programme Opportunity report and landscape analysis
- Report from Skills Balance of Programmes Exercise
- Report from the accelerator strategic review
- Strategic context and future opportunities
- FEL strategy.
Last updated: 26 April 2022