Funding for NERC studentships - NERC


How we fund NERC studentships

We award studentship funding directly to universities and other research organisations, not to individual students.

If you want to apply for a Natural Environment Research Council (NERC)-funded PhD, contact the institution where you want to study as it will manage the application process.

NERC no longer awards funding for Master’s Degrees.

Last updated: 15 November 2021

NOTE Council web content is being transitioned to this website – let us know if you have feedback or would like to help us test new developments.