UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) seeks to establish a new high profile, national interdisciplinary research network.
The network will:
- explore novel ways to transform health through change at the population level across the UK
- build on research by multiple clusters that address a specific challenge to progress systems interventions in communities
The success of the network will depend on coordination and synergy between clusters to drive the network ambition of improving population health and health equity.
This funding opportunity aims to:
- include people who typically have not applied their expertise to improving population health before
- work together with researchers already in the area to catalyse creative and innovative approaches that build on and synergise existing strengths and build new capabilities
To facilitate this UKRI have commissioned a series of virtual networking events.
These events will enable attendees to:
- connect with other researchers from different disciplines and with different expertise
- develop research ideas and work towards shaping the research clusters that will form the population health improvement network