Enhancing place-based partnerships in public engagement
Application deadline: 21 October 2019
Led by UK Research and Innovation, Enhancing place-based partnerships in public engagement is a competitive £500K pathfinder funding opportunity to support eligible research organisations UK-wide to pilot place-based public engagement partnerships and activities.
The call guidance document, including the bid template and submission instructions, can be found below.
Through Enhancing place-based partnerships in public engagement UKRI will support capacity building in collaborative place-based public engagement between research organisations, partner organisations and communities. Projects and partnerships will be driven by a geographically defined community's need that can be approached by engagement with research and innovation and therefore shape and generate new learning.
Through this call UKRI aims to support engagement that works with community partner(s) / organisation(s) from the 40% most socioeconomically deprived areas of the UK, defined as those areas listed in the bottom two quintiles of the Indices of Multiple Deprivation for the respective part of the UK England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales.
Objectives of the fund
The objectives for the call are to:
- Initiate or enhance partnerships between research and community partner(s) / organisation(s) in areas of the UK experiencing significant disadvantage, where there is an opportunity to engage with research and innovation;
- Align with the objectives of other place-based funding and policy work in recognising the role of 'place' in research and innovation;
- Demonstrate collaborative engagement with research and innovation through research organisations, communities and partner organisations, investing in new or tried-and-tested co-production methodologies;
- Learn from these approaches and utilise that learning to build collaborative capacity that supports productive interactions between research organisations and communities.
Who can apply?
How to apply?
Full call guidance, including the bid template, and FAQs can be found below.
Applicants should send the completed bid template and attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
All parts of the bid template must be completed and the mandatory attachments provided, as per the call guidance.
UKRI will hold the following supporting events:
- Stakeholder event – central Birmingham – 26 September 2019, 10:30 - 15:30
- Webinar – 12 September 2019, 10:00 - 10:45
If you are interested either of these events, please complete this short expression of interest online form.
Attendance at the stakeholder event is not a pre-requisite for submitting a bid. A recording of the webinar and the slides used at the event will be made available on the UKRI website.
- Enhancing place-based partnerships in public engagement call guidance (including bid template) (Word, 105KB)
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, 803KB)
Assessment Panel membership
To be confirmed