UKRI Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund (ISCF): Healthy Ageing Catalyst Awards 2020 - Outline Stage
UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), via the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), is inviting outline proposals for research grants of up to £62,500 (at 100% fEC) for a period of up to 12 months.
The Healthy Ageing Catalyst Awards are part of the Healthy Ageing Challenge portfolio of activities, and are offered in collaboration with the US National Academy of Medicine (NAM) Healthy Longevity Global Grand Challenge, in order to catalyse transformative innovation and inform policies and priorities to advance healthy ageing and longevity globally.
Proposals must be led by an academic who is based at an eligible UK research organisation and should be submitted via UKRI’s Joint electronic Submissions (Je-S) system by 16:00 (GMT) on 13 February 2020.
It is expected successful projects will start in September 2020
The Catalysts Awards will provide approximately 20 grants per year until 2023 for academics based at UK Research Organisations to explore new, innovative, ideas with the potential to transform the physical, mental or social well-being of people across the world as they age.
The Awards are part of the NAM Healthy Longevity Global Grand Challenge and award holders will be eligible for the later stages of that competition, including accelerator awards of up to $0.5 million USD and the $5 million USD Grand Prize.
The outline application stage will be anonymous to ensure the proposed innovation is assessed, rather than the individual(s) applying.
Applications will be expected to fit with the priority areas of the ISCF Healthy Ageing Challenge. These are:
- Sustaining physical activity;
- Maintaining health at work;
- Design for age-friendly homes;
- Creating healthy active places;
- Supporting social connections;
- Living well with cognitive impairment;
- Manging common complaints of ageing.
- Outline call opens – 6 January 2020
- Outline call closes – 16.00 (GMT) 13 February 2020
- Sift panel meeting – March 2020
- Decisions from sift panel announced – April 2020
- Full proposals (Invite Only) call opens – 14 April 2020
- Full proposals (Invite Only) calls closes – 28 May 2020
- Full panel meeting – June 2020
- Funding decisions announced – August 2020
- Expected grant start date – September 2020
If you have any questions or would like further information about the scheme, contact:
- Huw Vasey or Claire Dyball
Telephone: 01793 413104 or 01793 413003
Enquiries relating to technical aspects of the Je-S form should be addressed to:
- Je-S helpdesk
- Telephone: 01793 444164
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org