Professor Dame Ottoline Leyser, UKRI Chief Executive, has written an open letter setting out why UKRI has taken this approach.
Read Professor Dame Ottoline Leyser’s open letter.
On 22 February 2021, UKRI announced it was considering further action to support doctoral students affected by COVID-19.
We have now concluded that consultation.
- policy statement on Further Action to Support Doctoral Students Affected by COVID-19 (60 KB)
- equality impact assessment (104KB).
Phase 2 policy
On 11 November 2020 UKRI announced phase 2 of its support for doctoral students.
- UKRI COVID-19 phase 2 doctoral extension funding policy (PDF, 149KB)
- equality impact assessment – phase 2 (PDF, 153KB)
- review of extensions for students impacted by COVID-19 report (PDF, 6.5MB)
- NatCen UKRI COVID-19 student consultation report (PDF, 304KB)
- terms and conditions for COVID-19 phase 2 doctoral extension funding (PDF, 75KB)
- phase 2 governance plan template (PDF, 133KB).
Phase 1 policy
Guidance from phase 1 of our support has now been replaced by the latest guidance (164KB). Details of the original support package are available in the National Archives.
Find analysis of UKRI’s support for PhD students during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Last updated: 15 October 2021