There are 45 item(s) tagged with the keyword "Press release".
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 45
- 1. Enhancing place-based partnerships in public engagement
Along with the launch of the new UKRI Public Engagement vision – a new £500,000 funding opportunity is being made available to support research organisations UK-wide to pilot place-based public engagement partnerships and activities.
- 2. Funding partnership to tackle top horticultural pest and diseases
Research funds of £250,000 are now available for five projects to tackle high priority pests and diseases threats for horticulture crops.
- 3. UKRI publishes new public engagement vision
UK Research and Innovation has published its vision for how it will promote world-leading research and innovation that is built on the knowledge and values of society and open to people from all backgrounds.
- 4. Future of flight challenge is given go-ahead
The Future Flight Challenge has been announced by the Prime Minister to support exciting new technologies that will accelerate adoption of innovative aircraft.
- 5. Government announces major boost for UK research and innovation
The UK government has pledged further support for UK researchers and businesses, including a shake-up of the immigration rules to attract international scientific talent.
- 6. UK joins forces with international experts to tackle global challenges
UK researchers and innovators will work with counterparts across the planet to tackle global challenges such as Ebola outbreaks, the impact of subpolar ocean currents on global climate, and the effect of Artificial Intelligence (AI) on society and individuals’ happiness and wellbeing following a major funding announcement.
- 7. Funding programme to inspire next generation of age-friendly products launches today
The £98 million Healthy Ageing Programme, funded by the government’s Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund and led by UK Research and Innovation, opens its first tranche of competitions.
- 8. Next wave of industry and society challenges
The next wave of major industrial and societal challenges to receive investment through the government’s modern Industrial Strategy have been confirmed by Business Secretary Greg Clark.
- 9. 'The Next Leap Forward' – Four Quantum Technologies Hubs to lead UK's research drive
Technologies that will allow fire crews to see through smoke and dust, computers to solve previously unsolvable computational problems and construction projects.
- 10. Research England investment of £221m attracts £500m for 11 state-of-the-art research facilities
Research England is investing £221m in 11 brand new university research facilities across the UK that will support cutting-edge research and innovation in a wide range of specialist areas.
Displaying: 1 - 10 of 45