About the group
We have set up the future leaders group for this challenge to help the UKRI challenge team engage deeper into the foundation industry sectors and provide active feedback around initiatives and support programmes.
How the group will help us meet this challenge
There is a real drive across the group to:
- change the status quo
- transform perceptions of the foundation industries
- drive the equality diversity and inclusion agenda
- increase the pipeline of future talent into the industries
- bring the industries closer together into a strong cohesive sector with a strong influential voice.
Already, clear task forces have formed around four core themes:
- diversity and inclusion
- communications, events and engagement.
This group represents emerging influential figures within the foundation industries from a wide variety of backgrounds and a diverse range of current perspectives to enrich our collective thinking.
The group provides a platform to:
- influence challenge activities
- learn more about priorities and technologies from different foundation industries, especially under common areas such as sustainability.
Ultimately, the group provides a strong professional network to share and grow together.
How we recruited
The UKRI team held an open recruitment process to attract enthusiastic early career professionals, who self-identified as:
- independent thinkers
- confident in challenging the team’s planned activities
- ready to invest in the journey of transforming the foundation industries to remain internationally competitive and reduce their environmental impact.
We are always keen to hear from early career professionals (with less than 10 years from last study) who are interested in our challenge aims. To find out how to get involved, get in touch with one of the future leaders themselves or the UKRI challenge team.
To find out more about the challenge, please write to us on email@example.com.
Last updated: 30 November 2021