The coronavirus pandemic means there have been changes to funding deadlines, extensions and support.
The deadlines for applications to all open funding opportunities have been extended.
Extensions and other changes to funding opportunities are published with the opportunity details in the funding finder.
If you already have a grant you will be allowed a ‘no-cost’ extension on request.
Extensions for fellowships and standard grants
You now have six months to start your project, instead of three, if you’ve been awarded a fellowship or standard grant.
All grant letters for new UKRI standard grant opportunities will provide six months to start.
Extensions for strategic and managed mode grants
You can make a request for an extension for a strategic or managed mode grant through Joint Electronic Submission system (Je-S).
Each request will be considered individually by your funder.
COVID-19 grant extension allocation
UKRI is distributing funding of up to £180 milion to support research and technical staff whose projects have been disrupted. Universities and organisations are receiving COVID-19 allocations.
See further details about the COVID-19 grant extension allocation policy (PDF, 128kb).
Information for organisations managing the allocation
- Terms and conditions for the COVID-19 grant extension (PDF, 125kb)
- Q&A about the COVID-19 grant extension allocation (PDF, 36kb)
- Equality impact assessment (PDF, 745kb)
- Governance plan template for COVID-19 allocation (DOC, 46kb)
- Interim ODA report template for COVID-19 allocation (XLS, 31kb)
- Final report template for COVID-19 allocation (XLS, 32kb)