Professor Dame Ottoline Leyser, UKRI Chief Executive, has written an open letter setting out why UKRI has taken this approach.
On 22 February 2021, UKRI announced it was considering further action to support doctoral students affected by COVID-19.
We have now concluded that consultation.
- read our policy statement on Further Action to Support Doctoral Students Affected by COVID-19 (60 KB)
- equality impact assessment (104KB).
Phase 2 policy
On 11 November 2020 UKRI announced phase 2 of its support for doctoral students.
- UKRI COVID-19 phase 2 doctoral extension funding policy (PDF, 149KB)
- equality impact assessment – phase 2 (PDF, 153KB)
- review of extensions for students impacted by COVID-19 report (PDF, 6.5MB)
- NatCen UKRI COVID-19 student consultation report (PDF, 304KB)
- terms and conditions for COVID-19 phase 2 doctoral extension funding (PDF, 75KB)
- phase 2 governance plan template.
Phase 1 policy
Last updated: 20 April 2021