GCRF Global Engagement Networks
The Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) is a five-year £1.5 billion fund and a key component in the delivery of the UK Aid Strategy: tackling global challenges in the national interest. The fund aims to ensure that UK research takes a leading role in addressing the problems faced by developing countries through:
This call is part of the UKRI GCRF Collective Programme. For more information about the GCRF Collective Programme and individual call pre-announcements and announcements, visit here: https://www.ukri.org/research/global-challenges-research-fund/gcrf-collective-programme/
The UKRI GCRF Collective Programme is a series of calls designed to enhance the coherence, strategic focus and overall impact across the six strategic GCRF Challenge portfolios:
- Cities and Sustainable Infrastructure
- Food Systems
- Global Health
- Resilience to Environmental Shocks and Change
- Security Protracted Conflict, Refugee Crises and Forced Displacement
The programme is being delivered by UK Research and Innovation and steered by the GCRF Challenge Leaders. For administrative purposes individual calls will be either be hosted by a UKRI Council or the UKRI International Development Shared Capability. Interdisciplinary research excellence is central to the GCRF and investigators from all disciplines are encouraged to apply for calls within the parameters of each call regardless of the host function.
As part of the collective programme, and following a highly competitive call for outline proposals, UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) invites 50 outlines across the six GCRF strategic portfolios to develop full proposals. These networks are intended to:
- Bring together experts from multiple disciplines to enable innovative solutions to development challenges
- Facilitate interactions between researchers and non-academic stakeholders/users
- Increase the engagement of experts within countries that are on the OECD DAC list with the GCRF and associated opportunities
- Engage with the GCRF Challenge Leaders to feed into the future strategy for the GCRF portfolios
Up to £150,000 is available per network, over a 2 year period. These funds are to support running costs, events and activities. We anticipate funding up to 24 networks.
The Network Director (Principal Investigator) for each Network must be an academic based at an eligible research organisation in a country on the OECD DAC list.
This is the second stage of the call. Only those applicants invited to submit a full application after the outline stage are eligible. Applications will be assessed by an external expert review panel.
Applications must be submitted through the Joint Electronic System by 16:00 GMT on 14th February, 2019. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Documents and guidance
- Full Call Document (PDF, 789KB)
- Outline Guidance (PDF, 560KB)
- Due Diligence Guidance
- GCRF ODA guidance
- GCRF Strategic Advisory Group: Criteria for GCRF Funding
- UN Sustainable Development Goals
- DAC List
- Research ethics
- Equality Impact Assessment
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Liam Haydon on 01793 444252.