UKRI International Development Peer Review College
The UKRI International Development Peer Review College forms part of the Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF) global engagement strategy for Official Development Assistance (ODA) research.
Aims of the college
The main aims of the college are to:
- ensure that developing country perspectives are a key part of the peer review of the GCRF Interdisciplinary Hubs call and other ODA relevant research council calls
- build on the GCRF aim of fair and equitable partnerships, ensuring that developing country researchers and non-academics are able to contribute to the decision making process
- facilitate closer engagement with peer reviewers from the Global South, and provide training and capacity building in (interdisciplinary) peer review.
The college aims for its membership to be at least 95% from Development Assistance Committee (DAC) list countries and may not accept applications from applicants based in non-DAC countries in order to maintain this aim and focus. The membership includes academics and also non-academics from organisations based in or/ working with DAC list countries such as policymakers, non-governmental organisations and civil society organisations.
Set up in early 2018, the intention is initially for members of the college to provide expert reviews for the full proposals submitted to the ‘Interdisciplinary Research Hubs to Address Intractable Challenges Faced by Developing Countries’.
Locations and Organisations of The UKRI International Development Peer Review College
The following visualisation details the locations of UKRI International Development Peer Review College members:
If you are unable to view this tool embedded on this website, please visit the Tableau website.
Enquiries to: email@example.com
Resources for College members
- College Induction presentation (PDF, 23.9MB)
- UKRI funding landscape presentation (PDF, 23.1MB)
- Background to the GCRF and the underpinning strategy - Brief overview of the GCRF and how it fits in to the broader UK Official Development Assistance research funding landscape
- GCRF Key Principles - Outlines the four underpinning principles for RCUK GCRF activities
Unconscious bias training
- Unconscious bias toolkit - available only to College members
- Unconscious bias webinars - 1 May 2018, available only to College members
- How to write a useful review (PDF, 109KB)
- Adding your research expertise in Je-S (PDF, 159KB)
- Navigating Je-S as a reviewer (PDF, 1.3MB)
Guidance for reviewing for the Interdisciplinary Research Hubs:
- GCRF Interdisciplinary Research Hubs call - A summary of the scope of this call and details of eligibility, funding available and the application process
- Reviewing full proposals (video guide with subtitles)
- Reviewing full Hubs proposals presentation (PDF, 3.5MB)
- College Reviewer Webinar Q&As (PDF, 155KB)
- The peer review form for the Interdisciplinary Research Hubs (PDF, 131KB)