The Tools and Resources Development Fund (TRDF) aims to pump prime the next generation of tools, technologies and resources that will be required by life sciences researchers, focusing on adventurous new approaches that have the potential to be impactful. In 2016 and 2017 BBSRC, EPSRC and MRC jointly supported a TRDF call, recognising its alignment to TTL’s ambitions.
Fellowships and related awards
- EPSRC discipline hopping awards, for example EPSRC Healthcare Technologies discipline hopping call
- EPSRC ‘New Physical Sciences for Biology and Medicine’ Fellowship Priority Area
- MRC Skills Development Fellowships
- BBSRC David Phillips Fellowships
- BBSRC Future Leaders Fellowships
- BBSRC Flexible Interchange Scheme
These publications may be of interest to anyone involved in this research agenda. Some are written for the non-expert audience and others are aimed at the scientific expert.
- Independent review of the importance of engineering and the physical sciences to the health and life sciences (2014).
- The National Academies Press. Convergence: Facilitating Transdisciplinary Integration of Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Engineering and Beyond (2014).
- MIT. The Third Revolution: The convergence of the life sciences, physical sciences and engineering.
- NESTA. Creating value across boundaries: Maximising the return from interdisciplinary innovation
- Academy of Medical Sciences. Improving recognition of team science contributions in biomedical research careers (2016).