Explore the competitive funding decisions made by UKRI’s councils, including:
- how much funding was given
- numbers of submitted applications and the proportion that got funded (award rates)
- comparisons between organisations and UK regions.
It does not include funding such as block grants, studentships or quality related research funding from Research England.
Find out about the number and value of awards, award rates and the network of organisations that collaborate on UKRI funded research.
View an interactive display of 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021 data.
View an interactive display of 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2020 data.
Download summaries of data by grant category, organisation and council together with details of the awards made, lead and collaborating organisations.
Download 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021 data.
Download 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2020 data.
More about the data
The competitive funding decisions data are a breakdown of the data in UKRI research investment and outputs 2021 to 2022.
For a background to the published data, definitions, coverage and how we processed them, view our:
- guide to competitive funding decisions 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021.
- guide to competitive funding decisions 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2020.
The UKRI data year is from 1 April to 31 March in the following year.
Last updated: 20 July 2022