- Closing date
- 4 September 2023
- Number of positions
- Up to five
- Length of term
- Three years
- Time commitment
- Four days per year, plus reading time
- Interview date
- 28 and 29 September 2023
- Outcomes communicated
- Week commencing 2 October 2023
UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) are implementing an International Strategic Advisory Group (SAG), building on the former Strategic Advisory Group to the Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF). We are now seeking to appoint some new members to this evolved group, from both overseas and from UK. The appointments will start in October 2023.
The purpose of the International SAG is to provide advice, guidance and critical challenge to enable UKRI to deliver its international strategic framework.
The UKRI International SAG will:
- advise on the development of UKRI strategy
- provide high-level advice on key international policy approaches
- contribute to the evaluation of UKRI activity, its impact, contribution to innovation and further progression
Beyond this, the International SAG will act as a sounding board for:
- UKRI’s plans and projects
- advising on research mechanisms and shaping ways to create fully equitable relationships with partners, while providing intelligence networks and channels to help ensure the UK academic community can promote and benefit from the changed research directions
As a member of the group, you will have the opportunity to feed regularly into areas of strategic importance to UKRI. Drawing on your knowledge, experience and networks within the research and innovation sector, we will seek to ensure that UKRI policy development benefits from a wider ranging and holistic perspective. The group will give attention to real-world impacts, including the UK’s international development goals and research excellence.