A dedicated MRC Prize Committee was established in May 2021 to oversee MRC prizes, including the MRC Millennium Medal and the MRC Impact Prize competitions.
The committee is composed of 24 members from across:
- MRC boards, panels and overview groups
- MRC strategy board
- MRC council
- industry and external representation.
The committee provides direction and oversight of MRC prizes, reviews and scores nominations, and selects shortlisted and winning entries for the MRC Millennium Medal and MRC Impact Prize competitions.
MRC Prize Committee members
MRC Prize Committee membership as of May 2022:
- Professor John Iredale (Chair), Medical Research Council
- Professor Catherine Law, University College London
- Professor Lisa Dikomitis, Kent and Medway Medical School
- Professor Marcus Munafò, University of Bristol
- Professor Christopher Yau, University of Oxford
- Professor Sir Munir Pirmohamed, University of Liverpool
- Professor Kim Graham, Cardiff University
- Professor Eleanor Riley, University of Edinburgh
- Professor Fadi Issa, University of Oxford
- Professor John Quackenbush, Harvard University
- Dr Mark Toshner, University of Cambridge
- Professor Tania Dottorini, University of Nottingham
- Dr Diego Gomez Nicola, University of Southampton
- Professor Paul Matthews, Imperial College London
- Professor Sandosh Padmanabhan, University of Glasgow
- Professor Sinead Brophy, University of Swansea
- Professor Moira Whyte, University of Edinburgh
- Dr Ian Viney, Medical Research Council
- Professor Paola Dazzan, King’s College London
- Professor Rosalind Smyth, University College London
- Professor Philippa Saunders, University of Edinburgh
- Professor Matthew Lambon-Ralph, University of Cambridge
- Professor Mark Lawler, Queen’s University Belfast
- Dr Malcom Skingle, GSK.
Read the MRC Prize Committee conflicts of interest register.
Ask about the MRC Prize Committee or MRC prizes
MRC Prize Committee
Dr Sarah Trenfield, Strategic Engagement Manager
MRC Millennium Medal
MRC Impact Prize
Last updated: 20 May 2022