Horizon Europe is an EU research and innovation programme. It has a budget of €95.5 billion and runs until 2027.
If you’re a UK-based researcher or innovator, you can apply to most Horizon Europe funding opportunities on the same terms as EU-based applicants.
The UK’s association to Horizon Europe
In January, the government announced that the UK will associate to Horizon Europe.
The EU is still in the process of formalising the UK’s association. But UK-based applicants can begin applying straight away. You do not need to wait for the EU to formalise association.
Find out more in the European Commission Q&A on the UK’s participation in Horizon Europe (PDF, 712KB)
In summary, Horizon Europe funding is available for:
- excellent research in any field
- researcher mobility
- research infrastructure
- global challenges and industrial competitiveness:
- culture, creativity and inclusive society
- civil security for society
- digital, industry and space
- climate, energy and mobility
- food, bioeconomy, natural resources, agriculture and environment
- the development of the European research and innovation systems.
Horizon Europe delivers funding opportunities through dedicated work programmes. Find out more about the work programmes under Horizon Europe (European Commission).
Find out how to apply for Horizon Europe funding.
Guidance and help
As a UK applicant, help is available so you can make the most of Horizon Europe.
Find out how to get guidance and help.