The latest updates from UK Research and Innovation partners can be found below:
- 05 December 2017
- Research council-backed projects to receive Queen's Anniversary Prize
Six projects supported by the UK's research councils will receive one of the most prestigious awards in higher education.
- 27 November 2017
- UKRI CEO welcomes Industrial Strategy white paper
Sir Mark Walport, Chief Executive Designate of UK Research and Innovation has welcomed the UK’s Industrial Strategy white paper which supports science, research and innovation in the UK.
- 22 November 2017
- "A budget that backs research and innovation": Walport
Sir Mark Walport, Chief Executive Designate of UK Research and Innovation has welcomed the measures that support science, research and innovation in the UK announced by the Chancellor in the budget.
- 20 November 2017
- UK Research and Innovation welcomes Government R&D commitment
The UK Government's commitment to work with industry to boost spending on R&D has been welcomed by the head of UK Research and Innovation
- 20 November 2017
- Appointments to the Audit, Risk, Assurance and Performance Committee of UKRI
We are seeking up to seven independent members with a mix of specialist accounting skills
- 16 November 2017
- Recruitment for Chair of UK Research and Innovation
- 31 October 2017
- Research England Council membership announced
The Board of UK Research and Innovation has confirmed the first members of the Research England Council.
- 26 October 2017
- Science Minister appoints new ESRC Executive Chair Designate and announces UKRI Innovation Champion
- 24 October 2017
- Professor Philip Nelson to serve as EPSRC Executive Chair for six months
Professor Philip Nelson will serve as the Executive Chair of EPSRC when it becomes part of UK Research and Innovation
- 20 October 2017
- Science Museum Superbug exhibition
UK Research and Innovation is to sponsor a new exhibition that will put the spotlight on antibiotic resistance.
- 18 October 2017
- Research England interim website launched
Ahead of Research England's launch in April 2018, an interim website has been published
- 17 October 2017
- UK Research and Innovation council recruitment campaign launched
A recruitment campaign for up to 96 council members that will play a key role in the establishment of UK Research and Innovation has been launched by Sir Mark Walport.
- 16 October 2017
- Appointments to the councils of UK Research and Innovation
UK Research and Innovation is about to begin recruitment to eight of its new councils. Each council will be looking to appoint up to 12 new members.
- 06 October 2017
- Recruitment campaign for BBSRC Executive Chair launched
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy has launched the recruitment campaign for the role of BBSRC Executive Chair
- 28 September 2017
- Science Minister announces non-executive Board members of UK Research and Innovation
The 12 non-executive members of the UK Research and Innovation Board have been announced by Science Minister, Jo Johnson
- 21 September 2017
- UK signs £65 million science partnership agreement with US
The UK is investing £65 million in a flagship global science project based in the United States that could change our understanding of the universe, securing the UK’s position as the international research partner of choice.
- 08 September 2017
- The taxpayer tech dividend: R&D grants provide £43 billion economic boost, study finds
Taxpayer support for high-tech innovation benefits the economy by significantly boosting jobs, turnover and productivity among the companies backed, new research has found.
- 08 September 2017
- Science Minister announces new Chief Finance Officer of UK Research and Innovation
Ian Kenyon, current Chief Finance Officer of Cancer Research UK, will become the first CFO of UK Research and Innovation, Science Minister Jo Johnson confirms.
- 18 August 2017
- What is the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund?
The Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund is going to bring together industry and researchers to solve some of the really big challenges that we’re facing.
- 11 August 2017
- Professor Duncan Wingham appointed as Executive Chair Designate of the Natural Environment Research Council
Professor Duncan Wingham has been appointed Executive Chair Designate of the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC), Science Minister Jo Johnson announced today.