The latest updates from UK Research and Innovation partners can be found below:
- 20 October 2017
- Science Museum Superbug exhibition
UK Research and Innovation is to sponsor a new exhibition that will put the spotlight on antibiotic resistance.
- 18 October 2017
- Research England interim website launched
Ahead of Research England's launch in April 2018, an interim website has been published
- 17 October 2017
- UK Research and Innovation council recruitment campaign launched
A recruitment campaign for up to 96 council members that will play a key role in the establishment of UK Research and Innovation has been launched by Sir Mark Walport.
- 16 October 2017
- Appointments to the councils of UK Research and Innovation
UK Research and Innovation is about to begin recruitment to eight of its new councils. Each council will be looking to appoint up to 12 new members.
- 06 October 2017
- Recruitment campaign for BBSRC Executive Chair launched
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy has launched the recruitment campaign for the role of BBSRC Executive Chair
- 28 September 2017
- Science Minister announces non-executive Board members of UK Research and Innovation
The 12 non-executive members of the UK Research and Innovation Board have been announced by Science Minister, Jo Johnson
- 21 September 2017
- UK signs £65 million science partnership agreement with US
The UK is investing £65 million in a flagship global science project based in the United States that could change our understanding of the universe, securing the UK’s position as the international research partner of choice.
- 08 September 2017
- The taxpayer tech dividend: R&D grants provide £43 billion economic boost, study finds
Taxpayer support for high-tech innovation benefits the economy by significantly boosting jobs, turnover and productivity among the companies backed, new research has found.
- 08 September 2017
- Science Minister announces new Chief Finance Officer of UK Research and Innovation
Ian Kenyon, current Chief Finance Officer of Cancer Research UK, will become the first CFO of UK Research and Innovation, Science Minister Jo Johnson confirms.
- 18 August 2017
- What is the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund?
The Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund is going to bring together industry and researchers to solve some of the really big challenges that we’re facing.
- 11 August 2017
- Professor Duncan Wingham appointed as Executive Chair Designate of the Natural Environment Research Council
Professor Duncan Wingham has been appointed Executive Chair Designate of the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC), Science Minister Jo Johnson announced today.
- 04 July 2017
- A vision for UK Research and Innovation
Professor Sir Mark Walport shares his vision for UK Research and Innovation
- 29 June 2017
- Research England is seeking members for its first Council
UK Research and Innovation wishes to appoint up to ten members for the first Council of Research England.
- 22 June 2017
- Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund opportunities begin to open
Innovate UK and the Research Councils are delivering the initial key areas of the Government's flagship Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund
- 27 March 2017
- The UK's place as a global leader in research and innovation
Today Research Councils UK (RCUK) has launched reports detailing the impacts of a collective investment of £3.4 billion in 2015-16. This investment drives economic growth by helping to deliver the UK's Industrial Strategy of increasing productivity, creating high-value industry, jobs and a skilled workforce.
- 08 March 2017
- UK's research and innovation organisations welcome Budget
The announcement of the first tranche of challenges to be supported by the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund (ISCF) and additional support for high skilled research talent has been welcomed by the UK’s research and innovation leaders.
- 02 February 2017
- Professor Sir Mark Walport named as first chief executive of UKRI
The Minister for Universities, Science, Research and Innovation, Jo Johnson, has announced that Professor Sir Mark Walport will be the Chief Executive Designate of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI).