We are developing the Funding Service in an iterative way, gradually introducing functionality and piloting new features and different funding types.
We have provided some initial functionality to help research offices, such as enhanced filtering and sorting of opportunities and applications.
More research office functionality such as advanced filtering will be added in later updates of the service, expected by September 2023, with more to come after that.
Below we have outlined what is available now and what you can expect and when. Bear in mind these timelines are indicative and may change.
- create a research office account (see ’how to create a research office account’ )
- filter by application status
- sort applications by ‘recently started’ and ‘ending soon’
- search for applications
Some award functionality has been released on a small ‘pilot’ and will be more widely available towards the end of the year, including:
- view award details
- access the award agreement for acceptance
- submit a start confirmation
- submit ‘change requests’ to requests the suspension, resumption, extensions, or a change to the start date of an award
- view associated change request history
Further administrator enhancements such as filtering by department.
We are working to further increase functionality so that research office staff who support grant maintenance will be able to:
- submit more types of change requests
- submit a final expenditure statement
We will keep you updated on new functionality and enhancements coming for research offices.
If you would like to be involved in our ongoing user research, see the ‘let us know what you think’ section.