The latest updates from UK Research and Innovation can be found below.
Please sign up to our weekly newsletter to keep up to date:
For press enquiries, please contact the UKRI Communications Team on:
Tel: 01793 234136
- 03 January 2018
- New Year Honours for members of the UK research and innovation community
UK research councils and Innovate UK academics, researchers and staff have been honoured in the 2018 New Year Honours list
- 02 January 2018
- Recruitment campaign for EPSRC Executive Chair launched
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy has launched the recruitment campaign for the first Executive Chair of EPSRC.
- 18 December 2017
- Preferred candidate chosen for the role of Executive Chair of the Medical Research Council
Professor Fiona Watt FRS has been selected as the government’s preferred candidate to be the Executive Chair of the Medical Research Council when it becomes a constituent part of UKRI in April 2018.
- 18 December 2017
- The challenge of creating a UK vehicle battery industry
Regulation on the emissions from internal combustion engines, actual and planned market disruption from Tesla (and Dyson, Google and others) and technological advances in electric powertrains and batteries are driving a surge of demand for electric vehicles (EVs).
- 15 December 2017
- Gene experts set to tackle pest control
- 14 December 2017
- Air pollution linked to birth weight
- 13 December 2017
- UK team develop laser to iron-out imperfections in metal
- 11 December 2017
- UK bioprocessing firm acquired by GE Healthcare
- 08 December 2017
- Super-powerful microscope facility in £7 million funding boost for materials research
- 07 December 2017
- Future electric vehicle batteries: long-lasting, cleaner, better
- 06 December 2017
- £12.5 million investment creates a National Biofilms Innovation Centre for both business and research
- 05 December 2017
- Research council-backed projects to receive Queen's Anniversary Prize
Six projects supported by the UK's research councils will receive one of the most prestigious awards in higher education.
- 30 November 2017
- £5 million UK Hardware Security Institute launched
- 28 November 2017
- Call opens to host creative industries policy and evidence centre
- 27 November 2017
- UKRI CEO welcomes Industrial Strategy white paper
Sir Mark Walport, Chief Executive Designate of UK Research and Innovation has welcomed the UK’s Industrial Strategy white paper which supports science, research and innovation in the UK.
- 23 November 2017
- Lightest black hole merger detected
- 22 November 2017
- "A budget that backs research and innovation": Walport
Sir Mark Walport, Chief Executive Designate of UK Research and Innovation has welcomed the measures that support science, research and innovation in the UK announced by the Chancellor in the budget.