The latest updates from UK Research and Innovation can be found below.
See news from our councils for the latest updates from our partner organisations.
Please sign up to our weekly newsletter to keep up to date:
For press enquiries, please contact the UKRI Communications Team on:
Tel: 01793 234136
- 06 July 2018
- New scheme for overseas researchers to come to the UK
New ‘UKRI-Science, Research and Academia’ scheme allows non-EEA researchers, scientists and academics to come to the UK for up to two years.
- 22 June 2018
- UKRI invites Panel College applications for Future Leaders Fellowships
The UK Research and Innovation Future Leaders Fellowships will grow the strong supply of talented individuals needed to ensure that UK research and innovation continues to be world leading.
- 21 June 2018
- £900M Future Leaders investment will sustain the UK as global home of research talent
Business Secretary Greg Clark unveiled a major new £900 million investment in the UK Research and Innovation Future Leaders Fellowship Scheme.
- 18 June 2018
- Science Minister announces £20 million Plastics Research and Innovation Fund to turn the tide on plastics production
A new £20 million fund that aims to explore new ideas and innovations that can bring changes in the UK’s plastics manufacturing and consumption patterns is announced today by Science Minister, Sam Gyimah.
- 11 June 2018
- New fellowships for exceptional students launched in memory of Professor Stephen Hawking
New fellowships are to be created in mathematics and physics in tribute to Stephen Hawking, the world-leading British scientist.
- 08 June 2018
- Up to £50 million for new Centres of Excellence to deliver 21st Century healthcare - call open
New centres, using digital systems and artificial intelligence (AI), will help diagnose deadly diseases earlier and select the best therapies for patients through precision treatments.
- 06 June 2018
- Artificial Intelligence, Centres for Doctoral Training – results of outline call
This investment represents an exciting opportunity for highly multidisciplinary doctoral research training in an area of key importance to the UK.
- 06 June 2018
- UK Institute to harness disruptive technology to transform drug discovery
Business Secretary Greg Clark has announced funding for a series of ambitious technology projects that will transform the way medicines are discovered.
- 31 May 2018
- Strength in Places Fund call open
UK Research and Innovation’s Strength in Places Fund (SIPF) is an ambitious scheme that will help areas of lower economic activity benefit from the world-class research and innovation capability spread across the UK.
- 23 May 2018
- £102 million confirmed to make UK prosper from the energy revolution
The launch of a £102 million investment programme in new local energy approaches to create clean growth has been completed today with the announcement of a new research consortium.
- 14 May 2018
- UKRI will ensure everyone in society benefits from world-leading research and innovation
UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) has set out its plans to strengthen the UK’s world-leading knowledge economy and deliver impact across society.
- 14 May 2018
- UKRI Framework document published
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and UK Research and Innovation has today published a framework document that sets out governance arrangements between the two organisations.
- 10 May 2018
- UK Research and Innovation looks for experts on Equality, Diversity and inclusion
UK Research and Innovation has equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of its vision and mission. As part of this commitment, UKRI is building on the work of its constituent parts with the Research Councils today publishing their fourth annual update of diversity data 2018 alongside launching a call for an External Advisory Group.
- 03 May 2018
- Professor Lynn Gladden selected for the role of Executive Chair of the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council
Science Minister, Sam Gyimah, has announced that Professor Lynn Gladden has been selected to be the next Executive Chair of the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council.
- 02 May 2018
- Scotland's strength will power research and innovation success
Harnessing Scotland’s rich research and innovation heritage is vital to UKRI success, that was the clear message at an event in Edinburgh.
- 03 April 2018
- Launch of UKRI Future Leaders Fellowships scheme
UKRI has launched the Future Leaders Fellowship scheme to develop the next generation of researchers and innovators
- 03 April 2018
- Today is the first day of UK Research and Innovation
A letter from Sir Mark Walport to mark the commencement of UK Research and Innovation, as set out in the Higher Education and Research Act.
- 26 March 2018
- Research councils and Innovate UK publish gender pay reports
The research councils and Innovate UK, who from 1 April will become part of UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), have today published their gender pay reports.
- 23 March 2018
- Five UK Research and Innovation Councils announced
The Board of UK Research and Innovation has announced appointments to five of its Councils
- 15 March 2018
- UKRI response to UCU letter regarding Researchfish deadlines and statement
The 2018 deadline (15 March) for research council grant holders has been known and publicised for some time and researchers have been free to submit their outputs at any time during the submission period. We have not amended the 15 March deadline.