The latest updates from UK Research and Innovation can be found below.
See news from our councils for the latest updates from our partner organisations.
Please sign up to our weekly newsletter to keep up to date:
For press enquiries, please contact the UKRI Communications Team on:
Tel: 01793 234136
- 08 March 2018
- Clarification of Researchfish deadline
Submission of outcomes from research council funding to Researchfish is an important part of researchers’ jobs and crucial for the research councils to track research impact and make the case for continued public funding of research and innovation.
- 06 March 2018
- Government position on UK Participation in Horizon 2020
The UK government has issued a document to clarify the UK’s eligibility to participate in Horizon 2020, the EU's flagship programme for science and innovation.
- 13 February 2018
- Leading UK research debuts at the 2018 AAAS annual meeting
Leading UK scientists and academics will present their latest research findings at the annual meeting of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) this week
- 22 January 2018
- Science Minister announces STFC Executive Chair Designate
Professor Mark Thomson has been selected as the Executive Chair of STFC once UKRI is formed in April
- 22 January 2018
- UK's nationally important research and innovation infrastructure capabilities to be mapped for first time
Work is underway to identify nationally and internationally important research and innovation infrastructure across the UK
- 16 January 2018
- Sir John Kingman announced as chair of UK Research and Innovation
Business Secretary Greg Clark has announced that current interim Chair of UKRI, Sir John Kingman, has been selected to take up the substantive role in April 2018
- 03 January 2018
- New Year Honours for members of the UK research and innovation community
UK research councils and Innovate UK academics, researchers and staff have been honoured in the 2018 New Year Honours list
- 02 January 2018
- Recruitment campaign for EPSRC Executive Chair launched
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy has launched the recruitment campaign for the first Executive Chair of EPSRC.
- 27 November 2017
- UKRI CEO welcomes Industrial Strategy white paper
Sir Mark Walport, Chief Executive Designate of UK Research and Innovation has welcomed the UK’s Industrial Strategy white paper which supports science, research and innovation in the UK.
- 22 November 2017
- "A budget that backs research and innovation": Walport
Sir Mark Walport, Chief Executive Designate of UK Research and Innovation has welcomed the measures that support science, research and innovation in the UK announced by the Chancellor in the budget.
- 20 November 2017
- Appointments to the Audit, Risk, Assurance and Performance Committee of UKRI
We are seeking up to seven independent members with a mix of specialist accounting skills
- 20 November 2017
- UK Research and Innovation welcomes Government R&D commitment
The UK Government's commitment to work with industry to boost spending on R&D has been welcomed by the head of UK Research and Innovation
- 16 November 2017
- Recruitment for Chair of UK Research and Innovation
- 31 October 2017
- Research England Council membership announced
The Board of UK Research and Innovation has confirmed the first members of the Research England Council.
- 26 October 2017
- Science Minister appoints new ESRC Executive Chair Designate and announces UKRI Innovation Champion
- 24 October 2017
- Professor Philip Nelson to serve as EPSRC Executive Chair for six months
Professor Philip Nelson will serve as the Executive Chair of EPSRC when it becomes part of UK Research and Innovation
- 18 October 2017
- Research England interim website launched
Ahead of Research England's launch in April 2018, an interim website has been published
- 17 October 2017
- UK Research and Innovation council recruitment campaign launched
A recruitment campaign for up to 96 council members that will play a key role in the establishment of UK Research and Innovation has been launched by Sir Mark Walport.
- 06 October 2017
- Recruitment campaign for BBSRC Executive Chair launched
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy has launched the recruitment campaign for the role of BBSRC Executive Chair
- 28 September 2017
- Science Minister announces non-executive Board members of UK Research and Innovation
The 12 non-executive members of the UK Research and Innovation Board have been announced by Science Minister, Jo Johnson