The Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) has appointed 16 new members of its Strategic Advisory Network (SAN).
The SAN provides the EPSRC Executive with strategic advice to assist in developing, implementing and modifying plans, and to make appropriate recommendations to EPSRC’s Council.
The network is a flexible resource, enabling the EPSRC Executive to obtain the advice it needs in a timely manner. It draws on a range of perspectives from across key stakeholder groups including:
- third sector
The new appointees will join current SAN members and will take up their appointments on 1 April 2021. Members full biographies will be available on the EPSRC website in due course.
EPSRC SAN members appointed:
- Professor Paula Booth, King’s College, London
- Professor Jonathan Cooper, University of Glasgow
- Mrs Samantha Chadwick, BBC
- Professor Jonathan Dawes, University of Bath
- Professor Michael Fisher, The University of Manchester
- Professor Matthew Juniper, University of Cambridge
- Professor Anthony Kenyon, UCL
- Mr Trevor Linney, BT
- Professor Mercedes Maroto-Valer, Heriot-Watt University
- Professor Paul Meredith, Swansea University
- Professor Awais Rashid, University of Bristol
- Ms Nia Roberts, Welsh Government
- Professor Peter Robertson, Queen’s University Belfast
- Professor Danae Stanton Fraser, University of Bath
- Professor Krasimira Tsaneva-Atanasove, University of Exeter
- Dr Su Varma, NSG Pilkington.
Top image: Credit: dem10/GettyImages