This is the first of a number of open funding opportunities seeking proposals from individual researchers to be the first users of newly available, research-ready administrative data.
You can find out more about the opportunity on the ADR UK website. The deadline for applications is 20 October 2020.
The ADR UK Research Fellowship Scheme has been developed to meet the following 3 objectives with associated expectations of researchers and research projects:
- Useful research: to demonstrate the potential of administrative data research for public policy impact within the timeframes.
- Useful data: to develop the data as a useful research resource for future users.
- Useful engagement: to foster opportunities between academia and government that allow fresh thinking to flourish, and to maintain public acceptance for the use of data for research purposes.
In particular, we are keen to receive applications proposing to explore the following:
- The nature and extent of repeat court use
- The relationship between sentencing and repeat court use
- The relationship between court experiences and outcomes in relation to demographic characteristics such as age and ethnicity.
However, this is not a comprehensive or restrictive set of interests and applications exploring further topics will also be considered.
Funding and eligibility
Researchers can apply for research grant lasting at least 6 months, and no more than 12 months, with an end date of no later than 31 March 2022. Funding will be pro-rated depending on duration up to a maximum of £130,000 each year at 100% full economic cost 3 (FEC). We hope to fund between 3 and 6 projects to use the magistrates’ or Crown Court datasets. Eligibility criteria are as per the standard Economic & Social Research Council (ESRC) Funding Rules.
You can find out more about eligibility and funding opportunity conditions on the ADR UK website. The deadline for applications is 20 October 2020.
Opening date: Wednesday 12 August 2020
Applicant webinar: Friday 18 September 2020
Closing date for Je-S proposals: 4:00pm on Tuesday 20 October 2020
Closing date for RAP applications: 4:00pm on Tuesday 20 October 2020
Decision meeting: Tuesday 12 January 2021 (to be confirmed)
End date: no later than 31 March 2022
Enquiries about this announcement can be sent to email@example.com.