We are looking to support knowledge exchange and commercialisation professionals to transfer the technologies, skills and knowledge developed through Science and Technology Facilities Council research to industry and other potential users.
This includes technologies or ideas originating from our core funded areas:
- nuclear physics
- particle physics and particle astrophysics
- astronomy and space science
- accelerators and computing
The fellow should have:
- a relevant science background
- experience of technology transfer
- an appreciation of the STFC science programme
- understanding of potential applications and industrial users.
Fellows do not need to be identified at the time of application and can be recruited later.
The fellowship must be a full-time position for up to four years and focus on:
- commercial exploitation and economic impact
- knowledge exchange in the STFC-funded departments of the host university.
We will fund 40% of the full economic cost of the proposal. The host institution must show how the remaining 60% will be funded.
Funding can support:
- training and development specific to the role
- travel including for collaborative visits, conferences, workshops, and symposiums.
See the full guidance for applicants (PDF 304KB).