Invitation for full proposals
This call is only for applications that were assessed in the previous outline stage of this funding call and were subsequently invited to submit to this second stage.
The Transforming Foundation Industries Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund (ISCF) challenge will be investing up to £4.7 million in a research and innovation hub which will be delivered by EPSRC on behalf of UK Research and Innovation.
The aim of this challenge is to enable the foundation industries (made of six separate sectors: metal, glass, ceramics, paper, cement and chemicals) to work together to address their common challenges of competitiveness and sustainability.
The research and innovation hub call is a cross-council opportunity that aims to fund a new cross-sector and multi-disciplinary research centre for the ISCF Transforming Foundation Industries programme that will work to accelerate the development and adoption of new technologies and business models within the foundation industries.
Applications will only be accepted from those who were successful at the outline stage and have been invited to submit a full proposal.
Applicants must submit their full proposal by 16:00 on 1 December 2020. The full proposal will be assessed by an expert interview panel.
- 8 July 2020 – Call open, outline stage
- 8 August 2020, 16:00 – Intent to submit, Smart Survey
- 3 September 2020 – Call closed, outline stage
- w/c 5 October 2020 – Outline panel
- 13 October 2020 – Call open, full proposal
- 1 December 2020 – Call closed, full proposal
- January 2021 – Interview panel
- February 2021 – Funding decision
- 1 April 2021 – Grant start date
+44 (0) 1793 444164
Lines are open Monday to Friday, 10:00 to 14:00.