The Global Challenges Research Fund strategic advisory group advises on the strategic development and delivery of the fund.
Members use their knowledge and networks to advise on:
- a strategic research agenda and prioritisation of challenge topics
- the effectiveness of UKRI and our delivery partners’ strategies and mechanisms including new mechanisms to fill gaps
- integration of official development assistance (ODA) and non-ODA challenge research
- allocation of research funding
- engagement with our stakeholder communities.
Its diverse membership is drawn from academia, government, business and other stakeholders. Members represent a broad range of disciplines and have an international or global perspective.
The members are:
- Dame Judith Macgregor, Chair
- Ms Jess Camburn, Elrha
- Mr Markus Geisser, International Committee of the Red Cross
- Professor Howard Griffiths, University of Cambridge
- Professor Nyovani Madise, African Institute for Development Policy
- Professor Yacob Mulugetta, University College London
- Professor Claire Taylor, University of Liverpool
- Professor Apala Majumdar, University of Strathclyde
- Professor Michael Templeton, Imperial College London
- Mr Hadyn Parry, MoA Technology
- Professor Francisca Mutapi, University of Edinburgh
- Professor Kevin Marsh, University of Oxford
- Professor Nitya Rao, University of East Anglia
- Mr Benjamin Ramalingam
- Professor João Porto de Albuquerque, University of Warwick
Members must act within the seven principles of public life and provide independent, informed advice, avoiding conflicts of interest.