Innovate UK high-value manufacturing strategy 2012 to 2015 (PDF)
If you cannot open or read this document, you can ask for a different format.
Innovate UK has identified five areas where innovation in HVM can generate further wealth across many sectors:
- resource efficiency
- manufacturing systems
- integration of new materials with manufacturing technologies
- manufacturing processes
- new business models.
This strategy identifies the need to:
- double direct investment in HVM innovation to around £50 million a year
- concentrate investment on technologies and sectors where the UK can benefit in large global markets
- make investment choices using a set of 22 manufacturing competencies
- invest in the High Value Manufacturing Catapult
- provide open access to shared knowledge.