Best practice principles in recruitment and training at doctoral level (PDF)
If you cannot open or read this document, you can ask for a different format.
Request a different format
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us:
- the name of the document
- what format you need
- any assistive technology you use (such as type of screen reader).
Find out about our approach to the accessibility of our website.
NERC’s best practice principles set out the minimum considerations for training grant holders and cover the four stages of recruitment and training:
- finding talent: to make the PhD pathway accessible and attract potential applicants who may not currently view a PhD as accessible to them
- shortlisting and interviews: to ensure the applicant shortlisting and interview process is fair and transparent
- nurturing talent: to make the student training experience as inclusive as possible
- monitoring and reporting: to be used effectively to foster a diverse and inclusive environment.