Personal information in medical research (PDF)
If you cannot open or read this document, you can ask for a different format.
This guidance sets out procedures that need to be followed by MRC-funded researchers where consent to use individual patient data will not be obtained from the individual patients. The guidance includes:
- general and legal principles
- consent scenarios
- safeguarding confidentiality
- safeguarding other interests of the individual
- storage and re-use of data
- information and consent forms.
Page last updated: 18 March 2022