Reporting open access compliance and block grant spending

What information research organisations must report to UKRI for open access compliance and block grant spending and how they submit it in Jisc.



Guidance on research councils’ open access block grant: Compliance and reporting (PDF)

, 32 KB

If you cannot open or read this document, you can ask for a different format.

Request a different format

Email, telling us:

  • the name of the document
  • what format you need
  • any assistive technology you use (such as type of screen reader).

Find out about our approach to the accessibility of our website.


All research organisations that get research council funding must report every year on their compliance with the research councils’ policy on open access. Those that get block grants must report on how they spend that money.

This guidance covers:

  • what information they are asked for and why
  • how to complete the reporting template in Jisc
  • how to submit the report.

This is the website for UKRI: our seven research councils, Research England and Innovate UK. Let us know if you have feedback.