Using information about people in health research (PDF)
If you cannot open or read this document, you can ask for a different format.
Request a different format
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us:
- the name of the document
- what format you need
- any assistive technology you use (such as type of screen reader).
Find out about our approach to the accessibility of our website.
This guidance applies to all Medical Research Council (MRC) employees and reflects best practice for MRC-funded researchers, for using and sharing health research data about people. It includes:
- principles and summary of relevant law
- identifying participants
- collecting data and consent
- using anonymisation and pseudonyms
- data sharing and publishing
- accessing data
- keeping data safe
- working without consent