Explore the competitive funding decisions made by UKRI’s councils, including:
- how much funding was given
- numbers of submitted applications and the proportion that got funded (award rates)
- comparisons between organisations and UK regions
It does not include funding such as block grants, studentships or quality related research funding from Research England.
Find out about the number and value of awards, award rates and the network of organisations that collaborate on UKRI funded research.
Download summaries of data by grant category, organisation and council together with details of the awards made, lead and collaborating organisations.
More about the data
The competitive funding decisions data are a breakdown of the data in UKRI investment and outputs 2022 to 2023.
For a background to the published data, definitions, coverage and how we processed them, view our:
- guide to competitive funding decisions 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022
- guide to competitive funding decisions 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021
- guide to competitive funding decisions 1 April 2015 to 31 March 2020
The UKRI data year is from 1 April to 31 March in the following year.
Last updated: 7 August 2023