The Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council’s (BBSRC) planning is informed by wide consultation with the research community, policy and industrial end-users of our science, and the wider public.
It addresses key challenges and opportunities in biosciences, including:
- ensuring a sustainable and world-class research base, and keeping the UK the European location of choice for investment in bioscience research and development
- developing the new approaches and technologies needed as bioscience becomes
- increasingly quantitative and predictive
- accelerating the translation of research outputs into business and policy applications to increase social and economic impact
- providing skilled scientists for research and business.
Last updated: 31 March 2022