Key business partners
In 2021, there were 5,000 businesses collaborating on research or training funded by EPSRC. We have created a select number of strategic partnerships with some of these organisations, which we call our key business partners. Through these partnerships, we:
- share strategic information
- exchange people
- work together towards areas of mutual interest
- create advocacy for the importance of engineering and the physical sciences
- jointly fund and support research, training and other activities in UK universities in strategically important priority areas.
We work with a range of government departments and public sector organisations on joint initiatives and activities, including:
- Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS)
- Department for Transport (DfT)
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS)
- Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs (Defra)
- Department for Health & Social Care (DHSC)
- Department for Levelling Up, Housing & Communities (DLUHC)
- Ministry of Defence (MOD)
- UK intelligence community.
Other research councils
We work closely with other research councils and Innovate UK on cross-council themes such as energy and digital economy, as well as issues that cut across our remits, and we often undertake jointly fund activities with them.
Last updated: 31 March 2022