The purpose of the EAG is to provide advice to support strategic oversight of the Economic and Social Research Council’s (ESRC) portfolio of data services, longitudinal population studies and cohorts, skills, surveys, research methods, information technology, and activities within the broader information environment. Where relevant, the EAG may also be asked to advise on areas of overlap and identified cross-cutting themes with other ESRC portfolios and investments. The EAG is advisory and does not have decision-making powers.
The EAG membership includes:
- Professor John Goodwin (Chair), University of Leicester
- Professor James Banks, The University of Manchester
- Professor Ann Berrington, University of Southampton
- Professor Nigel Gilbert, University of Surrey
- Professor Gordon Harold, University of Cambridge
- Professor Kerina Jones, Swansea University
- Sir Bernard Silverman, The University of Nottingham
- Professor Clare Holdsworth, Keele University
- Professor Cristina Iannelli, University of Edinburgh.
Last updated: 31 March 2022