The day-to-day management of the MRC is overseen by our management board, a decision-making body and discussion forum chaired by the executive chair.
The terms of reference for the board are to manage operations where policy and decisions have major importance for the delivery of our objectives and for our key stakeholder relationships.
The main areas of responsibility are to:
- monitor our performance and delivery and to determine control strategies to mitigate risk
- take policy and operational decisions or make recommendations to the council where authority rests with the latter
- exchange, generate and develop ideas and provide advice as appropriate.
Management board members
- Professor John Iredale, Interim Executive Chair, Medical Research Council
- Robin Buckle, Chief Science Officer, Medical Research Council
- Hugh Dunlop, Chief Operating and Finance Officer, Medical Research Council
- Susan Simon, Director of Capital and Estates, Medical Research Council
- Claire Newland, Director of Policy, Ethics and Governance, Medical Research Council
- Patrick Chinnery, Clinical Director, Medical Research Council
- Jonathan Pearce, Director of Strategy and Planning, Medical Research Council.
Last updated: 31 March 2022