The NBOSAAG group was set up in early 2016 to:
- provide the NERC Executive Chair with independent advice and assurance on Antarctic operations and safety
- provide the NERC-owned British Antarctic Survey (BAS) with independent advice and support on Antarctic operations and safety matters.
The group meet four times a year and provide a variety of reports to NERC, BAS and UK Research and Innovation.
- Paul Hayden (Chair) – Company Director Resolve Network
- Nigel Bird – Senior Responsible Owner (SRO) for the Antarctic Infrastructure Modernisation Programme (AIMP)
- David Hancock – Construction Director, Infrastructure & Projects Authority, Cabinet Office
- Ian Moncrieff, CBE – Master Mariner
- Professor Uwe Nixdorf – Vice Director of the Alfred Wegener Institute, Helmholtz Centre for Polar & Marine Research
- Jonathan West – Director, Gauntlet Consulting Ltd
We publish a register of declared interests for council members. See the conflict of interest register for 2020 to 2021.