Our current vacancies at a senior or executive level.
Executive Chair, Research England
- Closing date
- 16 December 2021, 23:00
- Number of positions
- Length of term
- Four years
- Time commitment
- This is a full-time role
- Annual remuneration package of £120,000 with performance related pay of up to 10%
- London, Bristol, flexible
- Apply online on the Cabinet Office website
The Executive Chair, working with the Research England council members, is responsible for:
- setting the strategic vision for Research England
- contributing to the wider direction of UKRI.
As a visible and credible leader of Research England, you will provide direction, ensuring delivery of research, skills, and infrastructure investments.
As a member of UK Research and Innovation’s (UKRI) executive committee, the Executive Chair will be accountable to, and work closely with, the UKRI Chief Executive Officer.
The Research England Executive Chair may also be responsible for leading and delivering one or more cross-cutting areas for UKRI.
The Executive Chair is also responsible for maintaining good working relationships and providing knowledge and leadership with the council’s primary stakeholders:
- the English higher education research and knowledge exchange sector
- the other UK higher education funding bodies
- the Office for Students.
Additional aspects of the role may be developed over time, such as leadership for a cross-cutting UKRI theme.
Last updated: 17 November 2021