Medical Research Council (MRC) supports research in the following areas:
- global health research
- infections and immunity
- methodology development: better methods, better research
- molecular and cellular medicine
- MRC response to COVID-19
- neurosciences and mental health
- population and systems medicine
- translational research: driving innovation.
You can also find out more about who we fund, the facilities and resources we invest in, our international partnerships.
Check if your research is within MRC’s remit
Before making a research proposal, you can contact MRC to ask if your research is within its remit. It’s a good idea to do this if your research is interdisciplinary or not clearly within MRC’s research areas.
Ask a question about MRC’s remit
Research funding policy and delivery team
We aim to respond within five working days.
You might also want to consider how your research contributes to MRC’s research portfolio and priorities.