MRC’s international partnerships enhance the competitiveness of the UK knowledge and health base, and influence the international research agenda.
MRC enables international research collaboration through bilateral agreements with overseas research funding agencies. We also represent the UK on the governing bodies of international biomedical research organisations, and help fund them on behalf of the UK. These organisations include:
- European and Developing Countries Clinical Trials Partnership
- European Molecular Biology Laboratory
- European Molecular Biology Organisation
- Global Alliance for Chronic Diseases
- Human Frontier Science Programme
- International Agency for Research on Cancer
- Luxembourg National Research Fund
- Research Council of Norway
- São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP)
Find out more about how UKRI collaborates internationally.
Ask a question about MRC’s international activities