The Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) operates world-class research facilities for the UK.
STFC facilities and resources you can use in your research include:
- lasers, including free electron lasers
- light sources, including synchrotron light sources
- neutron and muon sources
- facilities for atmospheric and space science
- high-performance computing facilities and expertise
- a deep underground science facility
- specialised laboratory spaces and equipment.
STFC also manages access to international science facilities, such as CERN in Geneva.