AHRC studentships: requirements for research organisations and award holders


Terms and conditions

Read the following for postgraduate studentships that Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC) funds:

You can also read about Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) terms and conditions.

Doctoral awards: what we expect from students and research organisations


Dealing with changes to studentships

It is the responsibility of the research organisation to make sure student details are:

Contact the Je-S helpdesk if you need help with using the system.

This responsibility includes:

  • processing any changes (such as full-time to part-time) or suspensions to funded studentships
  • approving any applications for study and conference visits

Read the training grant terms and conditions when considering suspensions and other changes to studentships.

If you’re a student

If you’re a student and you’re changing your studentship project description or personal data such as your surname or address, you must arrange for your research organisation to update your details in the Joint Electronic Submission (Je-S) system.


For students

Students with questions about their studentship funding should contact the relevant training grant consortium or research organisation, not AHRC.

For university staff

University staff with queries about training grant payments from AHRC should first contact the relevant university finance department.

If they cannot help, contact UKRI’s post-award operations team.

Email: grantspostaward@funding.ukri.org

For grant-holding organisations and consortia

Grant-holding organisations and consortia that have queries that the terms and conditions don’t address should email AHRC.

Email: dtp@ahrc.ukri.org

Last updated: 27 January 2022

This is the website for UKRI: our seven research councils, Research England and Innovate UK. Let us know if you have feedback or would like to help improve our online products and services.