Apply for funding to further your career through an independent research fellowship.
- be an early career researcher
- hold a PhD qualification or expect to submit your thesis before the fellowship interview.
You are not eligible to apply if you hold a tenured academic post or academic position at lecturer level.
Apply for funding to improve forecasts of extreme weather events and help the UK better manage weather-related risk using:
- research into atmospheric turbulent processes
- representations in kilometre and sub-kilometre scale weather and climate models.
Standard NERC eligibility rules apply.
Apply for funding to be a knowledge exchange (KE) fellow supporting the projects funded in the environmental response to hydrogen emissions programme.
You must be based at a UK research organisation eligible for NERC funding.
Apply for funding to explore the potential for quantum sensing to transform multiple areas of environmental science.
EPSRC and NERC are looking to fund proposals:
- with a specific focus on quantum sensing
- from a multidisciplinary team of researchers from the quantum technology and environmental science community.
Apply for funding to forecast, understand, mitigate and avoid vector (arthropod) borne disease (VBD) threats to the UK.
You must be based at a UK research organisation eligible for BBSRC funding.
This scheme is for early career researchers and innovators who are either:
- looking to establish or transition to independence
- developing their own original and ambitious plans within a commercial setting.
We are offering funding to support ambitious research or innovation programmes across UKRI’s remit.
You must be based at, and have the support of, an eligible academic or non-academic institution.
This opportunity allows UK-based researchers and researchers in the State of São Paulo, Brazil to submit a collaborative proposal under existing NERC funding opportunities. This will go through a single review process.
Apply for funding to create research networks to integrate finance and biodiversity for a nature positive future.
- be based at a UK research organisation eligible for NERC funding
- collaborate and co-create the proposed activities with relevant finance sector stakeholders.
Apply for funding to work with US-based researchers on an environmental science proposal.
Collaborative work is governed by an agreement between NERC and NSF.
You must be:
- based at a UK research organisation eligible for NERC funding
- employed at lecturer (or equivalent) level or above.
Apply for funding to carry out world-leading artificial intelligence (AI) research in the UK.
There are no set eligibility criteria for this award. However, you should show that you:
- have international standing in your area
- can add value to AI research in the UK
- can build AI capability and capacity in the UK.
This funding opportunity will open in spring 2022.