Apply for a postdoctoral fellowship focusing on a range of disciplines in the area of theoretical physics with the aim of reflecting Stephen Hawking’s work in bringing science into popular culture.
You must have either:
- a PhD
- at least 4 years’ experience in a relevant field by the start of your fellowship
An eligible UK research organisation must host and support you during your fellowship.
Your fellowship can be up to 3 years long. This is prorated for part-time fellows, at a minimum of 50% full time equivalent.
There is no limit on how much funding you can request. We cover 80% of your full economic costs. Your research organisation must fund the remaining 20%.
This opportunity is part of our main postdoctoral fellowship scheme and proposals will be processed through the physical sciences theme. Please make sure you read our guidance document in the ‘additional info’ section before applying.
This opportunity will transition from Je-S to a new Funding Service after 30 March 2023. Find out more about our pathway for change.
UKRI must receive your application on Je-S by 30 March 2023 4:00pm UK time.
You will not be able to apply after this time until the opportunity reopens on the Funding Service in May 2023. Please leave enough time for your proposal to pass through your organisation’s Je-S submission route before this date.
You should ensure you are aware of and follow any internal institutional deadlines that may be in place.